BJPA offices are closed for the storm, but for those of you out of the hurricane's path--or for those of you who are homebound due to the storm but still have electricity and an urge to research the Jewish community--here is some interesting material on Jewish communal disaster management:
- UJA-Federation Responding to Crisis: Hurricane Katrina (Alan Cohen, Cheryl Fishbein)
- Preparing for the Next Generation of Disasters: A Binational Perspective (Mooli Lahad, Steven Crimando)
- Do Not Separate Yourself from the Community: Community Relations in Disaster Response and Recovery (Andi Milens)
- In the Eye of the Storm: Responding to Senior Needs Before, During and After (Jaclyn I. Faffer)
- The previous two articles are from JJCS vol. 83, no. 1, a special issue dedicated to disaster management.
- Sh'ma December 22, 1989: Natural Catastrophes--Complete Issue
- This blog's very first entry in our J-Vault series on historical materials highlighted a 1907 article on the Jewish community's response to the San Francisco earthquake and fire.
Browse BJPA for Emergency Management...