Today, of course, is Canada Day, which used to celebrate Canada's unification as a country within the British Empire, and now celebrates Canada's independence from the UK.
A small selection of gems from our Canada-themed holdings:
- Jews as Symbols and Reality in Multicultural Canada (2011)
- Canadian Jewry Today: Portrait of a Community in the Process of Change (2006)
- From Binationalism to Multiculturalism to the Open Society: The Impact on Canadian Jews (2006)
- Intermarriage Among Jews in Canada: A Demographic Perspective (2003)
- The Canadian Jewish Community and the Politics of Quebec Independence (1997)
- The Integration of Jewish Immigrants in Montreal: Models and Dilemmas of Ethnic Match (1996)
- The Jews of Canada: A Profile from the Census (1995)
- An Overview of the Canadian Jewish Community (1993)
- Racist Expression and the Law in Canada (1990)
- Knowledge of Yiddish and Hebrew in Canada: The Current Picture (1989)
- The Unique Canadian Jewish Poets (1986)
- Problems of Jewish Community Organization in Canada (1948)
Bonne fête du Canada to the Canadian Jewish community (which, by the way, is currently facing a significant institutional reorganization), and to all Canadians!